CompositWood blends the elegant appearance of a true wood window with the maintenance freedom of vinyl, the strength of metal, cutting edge energy saving and operational features into a beautiful and durable window system. Frames and sashes are made from a proprietary mix of specialty polymer and acrylic resins, creating an “engineered composite”, super tough, solid core material. A permanent color surface technology called “SuperCap™” is fused to the core materials during the extrusion process. The result is an extremely durable, weatherable and fade resistant product that is far superior to other window framing materials.
CompositWood provides the warmth of a finely milled wood window without the problems associated with wood.
EXCLUSIVE SUPERCAP™ SURFACE TECHNOLOGY
SuperCap provides a permanent pre-finished surface that performs in the harshest of weather conditions. Proven with years of extreme outdoor sun exposure testing in Florida and Arizona, SuperCap meets or exceeds AAMA 613 color standards. A lifetime of virtually no-maintenance benefits for homeowners, this tough, capped surface protects against yellowing from ultraviolet light exposure, erosion, chalking and cracking to keep windows and doors looking good over time. The cap brings protective ingredients to the profile surface, where they provide superior weathering performance. Also, the SuperCap surface layer is integral and fusion-bonded into the profile.
Advanced Technology Provides Superior Energy-Efficiency, Comfort and Durability
CompositWood Windows offer superior performance
because it combines the latest in composite material
technology with the best performing glass options. The CompositWood material combines the beauty of wood with superior, rot-proof durability and no-maintenance
attributes of vinyl. It’s a superior insulator compared to
fiberglass, wood or aluminum. Combine this advanced material with the highest performing glazing, and you get greater energy savings, comfort, and durability over the long run.
- Thermally superior composite material reduces energy-transfer better than wood, vinyl, fiberglass, and aluminum
- More energy-efficiency means greater savings on monthly heating & cooling costs.
- Available with highest-performance glass system for maximum savings
- Surpasses ENERGY STAR® energy performance criteria
- CompositWood windows have multiple weatherstrip paths with interlocking sash and jambs designed to reduce air infiltration
- More comfort – without air drafts you stay warmer in Winter, cooler in Summer
- Classic wood window design enhances the value and beauty of your home – inside and out
- Premium performance hardware ensures easy cleaning and operation